Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Drinks and Beverages series continues...


I am continuing my drink and beverage series. My children will drink almost anything, so I always try to seize the opportunity to make it as healthy and vegan as possible.
Here are some more great recipes that I have used with them.

I have found two versions of this “shooter”, and they are both mentioned below. I hope you try them and let me know which one you prefer… and why.

Ginger-Pear Juice Shooters

Makes 5-6 shooters
1 large organic pear
1 Tbsp. peeled fresh ginger
1 medium sized tangerine
1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
Garnish: 3 ginger chew candies, diced small
5-6 toothpicks

Directions:
1. Prepare your ginger chew skewer garnishes by slicing the ginger chews into pea sized bits and skewing them on toothpicks. Set aside.
2. Wash your pear, slice into juicable strips. Yes, I juice the entire pear-seeds and all.
3. Peel your 1 Tbsp. of fresh ginger. I peel my ginger because otherwise my juice comes out brownish.
3. Juice your tangerine and lemon juice. Set aside in a glass.
4. Turn on your electric juicer. Juice your pear and ginger. Finish the juice by pouring the citrus juice right into the juicer-this will blend all the flavors together and even infuse your citrus juice with the ginger and pear flavors that just ran through the juicer.
5. Now that you have your completed juice, pour each shooter to the brim. Add your ginger chew garnish on top and place on a platter to be served. Cayenne for extra spice is optional, and as I mentioned, having a few low or no ginger options may be useful.

Apple Ginger Juice Shooters

Follow the exact same recipe instructions as above, only substitute the pear for 1 large apple. I prefer granny smith apples for juicing.
Enjoy!

I try to go organic for the taste and sweetness, and always have banana as the base fruit.

Peanut butter, strawberry-banana crush (Credit for the name goes to my big boy, Adrian)

Total prep time: 5 min
2 Servings

Ingredients
1 cups almond milk or coconut milk
1 sweet ripe banana, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup stemmed and chopped ripe strawberries
1 Tbsp. organic/natural peanut butter

Directions
Combine all ingredients in the blender, and whiz on medium speed until well blended and smooth
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment