Thursday, October 11, 2012

Childhood Challenges

Our Halloween tradition has always been to have an all out dress up-trick or treat- come back home-sort and eat our candy haul-kinda Halloween. This year, however seem to be the year we will have to skip all of that and plan our own non-scary Halloween party at home.
 Little Aiden is  experiencing  a Monster phase and seem to be afraid of most of the Halloween costumes he comes across. He sees monsters everywhere, even at home... on the couch... next to the closet door... or anywhere there are shadows. How do I deal with this? I try my utmost to reassure him, we create "Monsters safety boots", "Monster Away Spray" and a "Safety Blanket". All of these combined, seem to work while he is awake... but what happens when he is asleep?

I have been diligent in my purview... my sphere of influence, regarding Little Aiden's visual and auditory exposure. I hope I can find a positive way to turn his Monster phobia around and have a fantastic Halloween.

Any other suggestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment