Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Letting off some steam

So a friend invite me out to lunch today, and we went to an Indian restaurant that claims to offer Vegan options. I ordered the Indian rice with vegetables, but as the waitress was leaving I ask if I could have the ghee (ghee is made from butter... that's dairy, and used instead of oil) free meal. She said okay and walked away.
We sat and chatted for a bit, and then the waitress returned with my order. I asked her again, if this was the Vegan option and she said: "Yes! It is the Vegetarian meal." What? Vegetarian... Vegan and vegetarian are two completely different things. So I said, "No, not vegetarian, vegan. This one," I said pointing to the menu and the dish labeled "Vegan". She said she would double check with the chef and get back to me. I thanked her and waited.

She came back and told me the dish was mislabeled and it was vegetarian, not vegan and would I want to order something else. I asked her what vegan dish would she recommend and she was stomped. We thank her profusely and took our leave.

I thought we were getting better...

No comments:

Post a Comment